Cohesion Plus Programme Outline for 2019
Cohesion Plus is delighted to announce its programme for 2019 which promises more exciting, culturally diverse festivals in Kent. Our festival programme will run from April to November kicking off with our annual Saint George’s Day celebrations in the spring followed by the vibrant Mela Festivals in the summer and ever popular Lantern Parades in the autumn.
The outline schedule for our festivals is below:
- April 23rd St George’s Day Celebrations Gravesend
- April 23rd St George’s Day Celebrations Dartford
- June 15th Fusion Street Festival Gravesend
- July 7th Tunbridge Wells Mela Festival
- July 14th Maidstone Community Mela (Subject to Funding)
- October 4th Wrotham Festival of Light
- October 11th Swale Fusion Festival of Light
- October 18th Dartford Festival of Light
- November 22nd Gravesham Festival of Christmas Lights
Gurvinder Sandher the Artistic Director of Cohesion Plus commented “I am so excited for you to experience the amazing line up of culturally diverse festivals we have planned this year showcasing excellence in the arts. I am so proud of our festivals as they continue to be exemplary opportunities for diverse communities to get together and truly celebrate our shared values. We are looking forward to the debut of our exciting new commission called the Dancing Maharajas which will wow and amaze you. I would like to say a big thank you to the ongoing support we receive from artists, volunteers, local authority partners and Arts Council England”.