The aims of Cohesion Plus are as follows.
- To promote positive community relations in Kent, bringing communities together through the arts, public education and sport.
- To promote equality legislation on age, disability, gender, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, and sexual orientation and encourage compliance with the Human Rights Act.
- To organise culturally diverse arts events incorporating music, dance and visual arts primarily but not exclusively in Kent and its surrounding areas.
- To use the arts, public education and sport as a means of providing diversionary activities for young people and as a means of promoting good community relations and mutual understanding between the different communities in the area of benefit.
- To provide all its services in a way that is fair to everyone.
- To work in partnership with the statutory and voluntary sector to make a positive difference in Kent.